June 19, 2010

Meal Plan 5

Since all our family is coming in for Hamilton's baptism, this next week's meals will be feeding lots of people.

Thursday - Salami and spinach stromboli
Though I didn't have any marinara sauce--much to Mr. Morgan's chagrin, the stromboli was delicious even without any dipping sauce.

Friday - Steak fajitas
I doubled this recipe then froze some of it according to the directions. Since it took a half hour to slice everything, I'll be glad for an easy meal the next time we have a hankering for fajitas.

Saturday - Tomato, mozzarella, and pesto panini
For lunch we'll enjoy farm-fresh tomatoes and homemade pesto on our paninis. I have some leftover salami from Thursday's strombolis for Mr. Morgan who will prefer some meat on his panini.

Saturday - Grilled pork chops with cherry tomatoes and garlic butter
For dinner with the whole family, Mr. Morgan will grill the pork chops. I'll substitute the farm-fresh beefsteak tomatoes we have for cherry tomatoes. I'll probably also fix squash casserole, fresh green beans, and corn on the cob.

Sunday - Moroccan pot roast
We're hosting a special lunch following Hamilton's baptism, so I'll be preparing food for the lunch in the Crock-Pot. This recipe is a great twist on traditional pot roast. Since it's also Father's Day, I'm making a Boston cream pie for my daddy. I don't make the cake from scratch though; according to some reviews and my experience last time I made this dessert, the cake is better (and easier) from the box.

Monday - Mediterranean salad with chickpea patties
After a fat weekend of fun eating, Mr. Morgan and I will eat lightly on Monday night.

Tuesday - leftovers

Wednesday - Turkey and roasted red pepper meat loaf
We're hosting community group this week, and I'm hoping if I triple this recipe it'll feed everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment