March 19, 2011

A Saturday List

1. It's been four days since my last post which was not my intention to go so long between; however, after a super busy (and productive) week, on Thursday I got hit with the worst common cold--the aches, fever, sore throat, congestion, runny nose, etc. I felt a bit like I'd been run over by a truck, and I didn't sleep well that night either. Probably one of the worst night's of sleep I've ever experienced. So I did pretty much nothing on Friday as I recovered. I finally took some DayQuil yesterday evening which made a huge improvement in my symptoms. This Saturday morning I feel much better, and I'm hoping to tackle some spring-cleaning projects.

2. Mom came to visit on Thursday, which was great timing since I didn't feel well. She took Hamilton back to the farm with her on Friday, so Mr. Morgan and I slept in until 8:15 this morning.

3. I have the most wonderful friends and church family. Yesterday I "called in sick" for leading our Friday morning women's Bible study, and thankfully our other leaders easily stepped in to cover in my absence. That afternoon I received two phone calls from dear friends wondering how I was feeling and offering to bring food for supper.

4. Mr. Morgan has a surprise event planned for me tonight. He slyly sent me a calendar-event invitation two weeks ago instructing me not to plan anything for tonight. Now that Hamilton is at the farm for the weekend, the surprise event has morphed into phase one and phase two; with no babysitter to pay, there's more money for the surprise. I'm SO excited to see what he's planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment