July 16, 2011

Unexpected

I thought Mom and Dad were coming for just a short visit; however, my slight abdominal pain from Tuesday, which my doctor thought was probably an ovarian cyst, turned out to be a ruptured appendix which a pelvic ultrasound and CT scan revealed yesterday. Mr. Morgan drove me to the hospital last night for my emergency appendectomy (Is there any other kind?), and thankfully we were allowed to come back home about 9 pm.

I've got some good pain meds, which I definitely need since the pain is way worse now than it was before removal. Providentially Mom and Dad were already in town, so they've been a huge help and exactly what we needed. Sadly, Mr. Morgan and I were supposed to see THE MOVIE this weekend--the original purpose of Mom and Dad's trip with their free babysitting, but we'll have to wait until I can move around a bit better before going. I'm sure the theaters will be showing it for a while.

2 comments:

  1. I feel for you! We've not been able to make it to THE MOVIE yet, either. And we're die-hard fans. Tammy is insisting that we see it in 3D, tho I'd rather see the regular version.

    If you make it before we do, don't spoil the ending! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude!! A ruptured appendix!! I'm glad you're ok. And that you could have some extra help. Hope you keep feeling better!

    ReplyDelete