December 6, 2009

Christmas Decorating

We finally brought our Christmas tree into the house and decorated it. It's sat for over a week in the backyard in a bucket of water, and Claire's been asking to decorate the tree for days. She declared decorating the tree is the favorite part of her holiday.

After my requisite, Sunday-afternoon nap, Mr. Morgan put the tree in the stand, and I turned on the Christmas tunes. Quickly Celine Dion wore on Mr. Morgan's ears, but Andrew Peterson revived him along with the homemade hot cocoa and goodies.Since I like natural-looking Christmas trees, our tree tends to look wild and crazy--yes, it's supposed to look like that.
Our stockings are hung by the fireplace with care; I still need to get one for little Hamilton.

1 comment:

  1. Your tree looks like mine. Wild and hairy! Dad and I cut ours Friday and I just now finished decorating it.
    Nice to see you using your Christmas china. You make a mother proud.

    ReplyDelete