July 2, 2009

Still Waiting

I've gotten tons of text messages, Facebook messages, and emails with a similiar theme: Any baby news yet? Well, I go to the doctor this morning, so I'll update the post with my progress once I return. I'm still feeling good, though the walk Mr. Morgan and I took last night was much tougher than our walks two weeks ago. We finished hanging the last picture in the nursery, so I told little Hamilton last night that we were ready for him. Hopefully, he won't linger too much longer.

UPDATE: Unfortunately, I'm still only 1 cm dilated. I'm a bit disappointed with having made no progress over the last week, especially since I've been having contractions (easy ones) every day. Little Hamilton will make his appearance when he's ready, and I'm hoping it will be before next Thursday when I'm scheduled to be induced. Now begins some serious actions toward encouraging this kid to come out!

5 comments:

  1. You need to get that list that Julie had at your shower...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember at least one of those that I will politely refuse to mention in a (mixed company) public forum such as this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha. . . I remember that too! We're leaving Tuesday for Little Rock so I'm praying hard that he arrives before then! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's my advice:
    1. walking. A lot.
    2. Sex. I'm not afraid to mention it.
    3. Supposedly castor oil also makes your uterus contract.

    In theory, using a breast pump or other forms of stimulation of your breast should release oxytocin, the body's natural pitocin, which is used in induction.

    Anyway...hope it goes well! We'll be praying for a safe delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it wasn't the sex that we were not mentioning. . . it was nipple stimulation. There. I said it.

    ReplyDelete