July 6, 2009

First Photos of Little Hamilton

Here's our little sweet pea, who entered the world on Sunday, 5 July at 5:10 am. He weighed 8 lbs, and he's 21 inches long.
We arrived at the hospital at midnight on July 4th after I'd been having contractions since 2 pm earlier that day. (I'll post pictures of my labor project later, which kept us busy all day on the 4th.) While we were serenaded with firecrackers in our neighborhood, little Hamilton was prepping for his arrival.

I was so thankful for a quick labor and delivery, and we were most thankful for a healthy baby who's so sweet and precious. We called Mimi and Pops in the morning to tell them the good news about the birth and to tell them to head to Charleston to see the little one.
Big sister Claire had been staying with Mimi and Pops for the July 4th weekend. She was so excited that little Hamilton delayed his entry until after Mountville's July 4th parade. (I'll also post pictures of that fun event later.) However, she's been beside herself with glee since she came to the hospital to see him.
Hamilton was quiet and sedate his first day of life, though he's been much more vocal today. We've seen his pretty blue eyes only a few times, as they've barely opened since he was born. He's got a full head of dark hair, but we haven't determined who he looks like quite yet.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Morgan family! He's beautiful! (I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog, Gray, though it makes me long for SC -and especially the Charleston area- even more. I try to convince Andrew that Charleston is our next move, but he reminds me the priority would be a job.) It's so good to hear everything went well with the delivery. We'll be praying for you all! -The Sheffields

    ReplyDelete