July 13, 2009

Harry Potter

To say I'm a big fan of all things Harry Potter is an understatement. I've read all the books twice, and I've looked forward with eager anticipation to the latest movie.

Last fall I was working at the church, and Mr. Morgan sent me a text message telling me the bad news: Harry Potter release date moved to July 2009. I involuntarily let out such a gasp of shock and disappointment that Danny Clark, who was working in my office, quickly said with grave concern, "What happened?"

I was little embarrassed then that I had reacted so strongly to a change in a movie's release date and that I didn't have any truly tragic news to explain such a reaction from me. When I told him, he replied seriously and with sympathy, "My wife will have the same reaction." I figure if my reaction is like Aspa's, then I'm in good company.

And, best of all, the movie is beginning tomorrow at midnight! Mr. Morgan and I will be seeing it later this weekend, and we'll have babysitting covered since Grandma Judy and Papa Joe will be here soon!

2 comments:

  1. just happened to find your blog and wonder how you reconcile christianity with harry potter. it is about witchcraft and sorcery and thought it is fictional, i am surprised at your reaction to a delay in its release. i watch harry potter, mainly for the graphics. i think the story like in usually good as well, but things must be taken in context and your relationship with Jesus given priority, who is Lord of All

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. Watching Harry again I’ll look forward to. Here in Denmark, we’ve to wait to July 17th . I’m counting down!
    My two children and I also read all the books more than twice. When I finished the last book, I cried.
    I do not agree with mrs. Rowling with the ending, the tiny epilog is too short. I want to know more about the Harrys and Ginnys marriage or / and Rons & Hermiones wedding. Their future jobs, what about those? A lot of unanswered question.

    ReplyDelete