May 15, 2009

Videoing the Birth

For our second childbirthing class, I was eager and anxious to see what Female Dwight had in store for us. There were fewer seats this week, so we ended up sitting right behind her and her husband. I think the instructor was prepared for her stories and anecdotes this week, and she didn't dominate the class this week as she had done previously.

Halfway through the class, the instructor told us that most doctors don't like for the birth to be captured on video. While I've never thought of doing this, I can understand that doctors wouldn't want the liability if something goes wrong. When the instructor made the statement against videoing the entire birth, Female Dwight laughed and replied "Tough noogies." I'm not sure where that saying came from, but I don't care for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment