May 13, 2011

Two Weeks Old

Yesterday Collier was two weeks old, and they've been good weeks with him. We've had lots of family come to visit, so we've enjoyed good help with all the kiddos. Next week will be the real test when I'm taking care of both boys on my own.

Collier has been sleeping well at night so far, so I haven't been completely worn out during most days. Today and yesterday I was even able to snooze a bit in the afternoons because both boys napped at the same time.

I feel like I compare Collier to Hamilton all time, but I think this is natural since they're so close in age. Collier already is much stronger than Hamilton was. Collier was picking his head up on his own in the hospital. He continues to amaze me with his strength: He can halfway roll over already, and he holds a pacifier and bottle's nipple in his mouth way better than Hamilton did. I think Collier looks like Hamilton as a baby especially with some of the faces he makes.

Collier's gaining weight nicely, as he was almost back up to his birth weight at our appointment this past Tuesday. I'll start Collier's monthly updates in just a few weeks, though with a different chair and perhaps new "friends."

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you posted new pics of Collier. I've been longing to see him.

    ReplyDelete