August 28, 2009

Two Kids

Yesterday I watched West for my friend JaiLynne who's part-time job has become impossible to manage with a 5-month-old tagging along. We're swapping babysitting hours during the week; Tuesday I got LOTS of errands run without having to drag little Hamilton around with me. So yesterday was my day to watch both of them, and I was surprised a little at how smoothly things went. I'm sure every week won't be so easy.

While West is much bigger than Hamilton, he is also more aware of his surroundings, which is fun. At one point, I actually had them both sleeping soundly. And, later in the afternoon they both cried at the same time, though not for long. I might have gone insane otherwise. Both were awake and looking around while I managed to accomplish some ironing.And, I did not dress them alike on purpose. I wish now that I'd gotten a close-up picture of them both together, so their size difference is more apparent. Fifteen-pound West seems much bigger than ten-pound Hamilton. I was doing well to get any pictures taken--maybe next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment