August 29, 2009

Honorable No-Mention

Senator Ted Kennedy died, and there's been tons of news coverage. I've heard lots of it because I listen to Fox News over satellite radio. In all the hours of coverage, I have not heard any mention of Eunice Kennedy Shriver, Ted's sister, who died earlier this very month. There have been many mentions of the other Kennedy brothers who died decades ago, but no mention of Eunice. I think it's newsworthy that two siblings of the great Kennedy clan died in the same month, yet I've not heard one newscaster mention it. It's possible that I've missed a brief mention of the correlation; anyone remember hearing it?

2 comments:

  1. Just to set the record straight, I did here some mention of Eunice Kennedy Shriver's death on the news at the time and she was lauded particularly because she started the Special Olympics program which gained national exposure years ago and still does. I also heard her mentioned during the funeral of Ted as the commentators looked for comments during the long procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did hear some about Eunice the few days after she died. And, finally during Ted's funeral I heard the comparison. I just couldn't believe the correlation wasn't talked about more in the days surrounding his death.

    ReplyDelete