August 4, 2009

Catching Up

When Claire came downstairs for lunch today, I asked her what she'd been busying herself with for the last hour or so up in her room by herself.

She replied nonchalantly, "Oh, I've just been catching up on my origami."

I was not aware that she was so far behind with her origami--whatever that means, nor was I aware it was so important to warrant worrying with "catching up."

Tonight she brought downstairs a calendar that had a year's worth of instructions for folding a different origami figure every day. Apparently "catching up" means folding figures January 8 through August 4. Claire is good at origami, and she's planning to keep each of the figures that she folds "to show to her kids."

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes kids will surprise you with the appropriateness of their oddball comments. That's one of many reasons it's nice to have them around... to give perspective. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this. How very "Claire." Mom

    ReplyDelete