April 12, 2009

Story of Us

I've spent the last hour or so creating our family blog and writing my first post. For a glimpse into the Morgan household, here's the current situation: I'm sitting in the back of the Explorer typing away on my laptop, while Mr. Morgan sits in the front tinkering with the GPS. He's hooking up the power for the GPS to the Explorer's power, so the GPS will turn on when the Explorer is started.

While his tinkering with all things mechanical is typical for our household, so is his wanting me to be a part of what he's doing and for us to be together. The mobility of the laptop enables me to be here doing my thing as he does his. This scenario is typical for our weekends. And, of course, the puppies are sitting next to me in the backseat. They would be restless and underfoot if they weren't taking part in the "exciting action" inside the Explorer.

And, success! I offer my typical "Yay!" The GPS's power is now synched with the Explorer's, so I'm hopeful we'll be on to the next Sunday afternoon activity soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment