November 14, 2009

Four-Month Checkup

I loaded up Hamilton on Wednesday and headed to his four-month checkup. My sweet friend Christie watched Grady for me, so I didn't have two babies in the doctor's office. Hamilton hadn't gained as much weight as I thought he would have since his last appointment, but the doctor didn't seem too worried. He weighed 12 pounds 8 ounces, and he was 25 inches long. For comparison, his best bud Grady, at nearly three weeks Hamilton's junior, weighs 17 pounds. Grady's enormous!

I got the go-ahead to start Hamilton on solid food. The doctor--despite my questioning and disbelief--assured me I should start with fruit, suggesting bananas first. Thursday morning I smashed up a few bites of banana, mixing with water, and I gave little Hamilton the sign for banana. He LOVED the sweet, watery mixture, and now he gets so excited every time he sees my banana sign.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe he's eating already. He's growing too quickly. You loved bananas and we mixed them with everything--including chicken livers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banana was the first thing we gave Joseph too. It was followed by Avocado and Sweet Potatoes. He loved and still loves it all.

    ReplyDelete