October 13, 2009

Falling Apart

Lately it seems as if our house and items within are falling apart. I'm not complaining because Mr. Morgan can usually fix anything that goes awry. It's just seemed so curious that so many things at the same time need to be fixed or replaced.

A few months ago we replaced our dishwasher that refused to get dishes clean, and by "we" I mean Mr. Morgan. Now that I've been sitting on our five-year-old, leather couch for several hours each day, it needs apparent repair. According to Mr. Morgan, there's only one cushion that's still stable enough for use.

Our recliner was a hand-me-down from the Hardee-Whites, but it's seen better days. Thursday of last week I rendered the microwave unusable by trying to fix popping corn on the cob. I followed the CSA's instructions, but I still managed to start a small fire, which killed the electrical circuits of the microwave. And don't forget the Explorer that spent a week at Jones Ford after Mr. Morgan's wreck last month.

Last night's water-spraying toilet nearly made me laugh, since yet another thing needed repair. However, I did not laugh since gallons of water were gushing from the toilet tank, which apparently had gone unnoticed for the last few days. I'm beginning to think we have a little Casper in the house, and I'd like any excuse for my pyrotechnics with the microwave.

1 comment:

  1. As always I love reading what you have to say. In the theme of things gone awry, I meant to mention to you last time I was there, that the shower head in Claire's bathroom spews water right at your face and because the pressure is so good it's quite annoying. Try it.

    ReplyDelete