September 20, 2009

God's Been Good

Saturday Mr. Morgan was in a three-car wreck. His role in the wreck was so minor that he informed me via text message. (It's much easier not to overreact or worry when I see "Got in a wreck. Im all right. Be home after while" on my phone's screen.) He's fine, the Explorer is hardly damaged, and he wasn't to blame--all good things in spite of the wreck.
Claire was happy that he was unhurt, and in typical Claire fashion she told us many times of her relief. As we were loading ourselves in the Explorer this morning headed for church, Claire again said she was so glad that her daddy was OK. Then she added, "God has been so good to our family lately." She didn't elaborate on what specifically she meant, but my thoughts settled on my own list--sweet, precious Hamilton who adds such joy to my life, my dear friends from Charlotte who visit often, my husband who escaped harm, and dear Claire who so simply reminds me of how great and good our God is.

No comments:

Post a Comment