October 29, 2009

A Wedding Shower

Last weekend on the way back from Asheville, we stopped briefly in Mountville for the afternoon. I attended a wedding shower for my dear friend Mollie Brooke, whom I've known since childhood. The wedding shower was such fun, and I got to see lots of old friends. Bess and I love wedding festivities because it gives us an opportunity to catch up.
Mom took care of Hamilton for most of the party, though he was certainly not without admirers wanting to hold him. Mrs. Gerry Crisp certainly took a liking to him.
Hamilton was not the only kid at the party. These two adorable chaps, Livie and William, are Mollie Brooke's niece and nephew, and they love playing with their Mimi. I caught them in a sweet moment of nearly toppling over sweet Karen Wham.We were also able to enjoy Sunday lunch with Travis, Grandma, Mom, and Dad. Since we were leaving Mountville at nearly Hamilton's bedtime, we put him in his pajamas. He literally slept like a baby the whole way home to Charleston.

1 comment: