June 24, 2009

Selling Snow Cones

In Wal-Mart yesterday Claire bought herself a little snow-cone machine and two flavors of syrup. She'd been eyeing the snow-cone maker since our last trip to Wal-Mart, and she exclaimed as we walked out of the store, snow-cone machine in hand, "This is the best day of my life!"

Claire is dramatic and hyperbolic: This past Sunday after Mr. Morgan's company picnic and a trip to the water park, Claire declared that day the "best day" of her life. When we questioned her, "The best day ever?" She replied with a little exasperation, "It's an expression."

So, she's had a fun summer so far. Last night with her snow-cone machine and trusty helper Brittany from down the street, she set up a snow-cone stand in the front yard. She was so excited to make some money, and she has quite the entrepreneurial spirit. I think the girls raked in over $10 in less than two hours, so they were thrilled.

The folks in our neighborhood were really sweet to stop by and buy a snow-cone. Even though Claire says that I can have a snow-cone any time for free, they are good and well worth the $0.50 she's charging. If you're in the Hanahan area, stop by the neighborhood for some cool refreshment.

1 comment:

  1. This makes me think of the song "The Best Day" by George Strait. The chorus goes like this:

    He said Dad
    This could be the best day of my life
    I've been dreaming day and night
    About the fun we've had
    Just me and you
    Doing what I've always wanted to
    I'm the luckiest boy alive
    This is the best day of my life

    ReplyDelete