June 23, 2009

Sanford's Hiatus

This morning on talk radio I heard about how Gov. Sanford is gone, and no one knows where he is, how to get in touch with him--or if he's even still alive. Really? His wife and sons have no idea and can't call with an emergency? I find that hard to believe.

The man needed a break, so let's give him a break and let him hike the Appalachian Trail until his heart's content. While his office could have handled his absence better, let's not assume he's dead. He's just been through the fight of his gubernatorial career with his wanting to reject part of the stimulus funds. And, I'm sure he's exhausted. I do enjoy reading about our governor on national blogs though.

UPDATE: Wow. I mean, what a press conference. I'm pretty disappointed and shocked, as I think all South Carolinians are. I've been a Sanford fan since he was elected especially after the most recent fight over the stimulus funds. I'm sorry for his family and especially his wife, as they have to live through the fallout from his affair in the public eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment