June 27, 2009

Jenny Sanford

Despite all the Michael Jackson hoopla, there are still a lot of stories about Sanford and his affair in the news. I didn't know much about Jenny Sanford until all this mess, but I sure do like her and her handling of this public affair.

Here's a good Associated Press article from Friday:
Asked if she would be staying with her husband, she said: "It's a goal."

"I'm going to do my best to work on my marriage," she said. As for her husband's political future: "His career is not a concern of mine. He'll have to worry about that. I'm going to worry about my family and the character of my children."

Here's a good AP article from Saturday:

Jenny Sanford cried at the end of the interview, and said the couple have been to counseling.

"When I found out in January, we both indicated a willingness to continue working on the marriage, but there's not room for three people in a marriage," she said. "I've done everything in my power possibly to keep him from going to see her and to really make sure she was off the table, including asking him to leave."

1 comment:

  1. While I didn't listen to his confession, I had someone point out to me that he listed the people hurt by his actions in this order: his mistress (#1), his boys (#2), and his wife (#3). Talk about STILL not having the right priorities!

    -DCastro

    ReplyDelete